Paan Shots -Betel Leaf Apéritif and Digestif -Bull’s-eye, mind-boggling Paan shots !!!!!
Serves: 02 Pax.
Preparation Time: 15 -20 minutes
Maghai Paan leaves / Maghai Betel leaves, dark green -08 nos.
Gulkand – 1 tbsp.
Mint coated fennel seeds- ½ tsp.
Desiccated Coconut -01 tsp.
Cardamom Powder- ½ tsp.
Vanilla Ice cream -02 big scoops
Chilled Water- 03 tbsp./ as required.
Ice cubes- 04 small cubes
Glazed cherries- 02 nos.
Gulkand – 01 tsp.
Vodka- 60 ml( Optional) ( more quantity or less as desired)
1. Rinse the betel leaves in water and chop roughly with a very sharp knife.
2. Make a smooth paste of the betel leaves with very little water.
3. Blend all ingredients together including the betel leaves paste, till absolutely smooth and blended properly.
4. Make sure that there are no paan bits floating in the shots. Add Vodka (Optional) Blend properly.
5. Pour in the shot glasses.
6. Chill it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
7. Serve chilled in for four shot glasses of 60 ml each, garnished with a glazed cherry or little gulkand.
Chef Tips for preparing Paan Shots:
1. If you want a more greener colour, as per your choice or as desired, you may take 04 more Maghai betel leaves and prepare a smooth paste and add to the shots.
2. Do not add too much of cardamom powder or it will mask the flavor of betel leaves.
3. You may use fresh cherries or canned cherries instead of glazed cherries.