A very healthy green kabab or cutlet recipe with the goodness of spinach and green peas.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time / Deep frying time: 25 minutes.
Serving: 04 pax. / 24 nos.
Spinach, blanched and refreshed- 15 leaves or more if a deeper colour is required
Green peas, boiled- ¾ th cup
Potatoes, boiled and mashed- 04 nos. medium sized
Ginger, grated- 01 tsp
Green chillies, deseeded &finely chopped- 02 nos.
Chaat masala- 01 tsp.
Dry Mango powder- ½ tsp
Coriander leaves- 01 tbsp.
Salt -to taste
Corn flour / Bengal gram flour- 1½ tbsp.
Cashew nuts- 24 nos.
Refined oil – as required for deep frying
For the accompaniments:
Beetroot Mayonnaise- 60 ml
Mint coriander yogurt chutney- 60 ml
In a food processor, grind boiled and refreshed spinach, peas till a smooth paste is formed.
Put the ground mixture in a glass bowl; add mashed potatoes, ginger, chaat masala & mango powder.
Sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves, salt.
Mix it well.
Add corn flour / Bengal gram flour to the mix so that it binds well.
Divide the mixture into twenty-four equal portions. Shape each portion into a ball and then press it between your palms to give it a flat tikki shape. Press a cashew nut on top of it.
Put some oil in non-stick pan and fry on simmer till the kebabs are crusty and crisp.
Place on an absorbent paper to remove excess of oil.
For the serving:
Serve hot accompanied with Beetroot Mayonnaise and Mint coriander yogurt chutney.
1. I have prepared Beetroot Mayonnaise by adding Eggless Mayonnaise + Beetroot Juice or beetroot boiled peeled, cooled down pureed into a very smooth paste.
2. Instead of making a smooth paste of spinach and green peas you may grind it coarsely, if desired
3. Deep green can be acquired by adding more spinach, but remember to increase the quantity of corn flour / corn starch.
4. You may add mint and basil leaves to enhance the flavours.
5. You may also add a little rice flour to make it crispier.
6. You may also shallow fry the kebabs on a non-stick tawa / griddle.
7. You may bake n even grill these kebabs , if you like wanna consume kababs with very less oil. Hai na Healthyyyy cooking………….
Now this 1’ssss for allllllllllllllllll of u & especially 4 all the Punjabissss, You may add blanched Sarson Ka Saag when in season or use canned / tinned puree when not in season and accompany it with the the beetroot mayonnaise and mint coriander yogurt chutney &&&&& don’t forget the baby Makki di roti….
Njoyyyy eating !!!!!!!!!!