I know it has been quite a while since I was last here – a total of 12 days to be specific. That is kind of the longest I have ever been away from IndiaSimmer and trust me I missed it every day! You might know I tried to steal a little time to get away and see some of my close friends and after one full week of a carefree and fun time when I came back home, things were not exactly the way they should’ve been. So it took me another few days to bring everything back on track but now everything is up and running and I’m here to say a hello to you too!
I’m sure everyone must be in holiday mood already, I mean its almost Christmas eve and as the day gets closer the countdown gets even more interesting! And I’m also sure that if not all then most of you must have picked your favorite recipes and must be working to put the whole menu together. I’ve been doing a lot of cooking and recipe testing myself and a lot of recipes are from some of my favorite people and food bloggers from all around. So today, instead of sharing my own, I am bringing you recipes that really made me take an immediate trip to the kitchen! So people here’s a list of some holiday recipes which I thought were SO good that I just had to give them credit for their “awesomeness”!
Holiday Gift Ideas:
I don’t think there is any gift better than something made by someone personally with all the love and best wishes wrapped around it and if its food then I’m sold! These are some great recipes which I thought would be perfect if you want to give that personal touch.
- Chefdruck’s Oreo Truffles – This can be a perfect holiday gift you can share with friends and family and trust me they’ll be nice to you all through the year in hope of getting these again!
- Megan’s Ginger bread cookies – Who doesn’t like gingerbread cookies? And if they are this cute then that’s a definite bonus!
- Marla’s Peppermint candy cane marshmallows – Nothing speaks Christmas more to me than candy canes and Marla from familyfreshcooking made these great marshmallows which I just couldn’t get off of my mind!
- The Wicked Noodle’s Starry eyed cookies – Simple, smart and quick is something this recipe screams! Another perfect holiday gift idea.
- Avocado Creamcheese cookies from Angie’s Recipes – If I could then I would add cream-cheese to everything but I’d never think of mixing it with avocado and make cookies out of it! Great flavor combination!
The Sweeter side!
If we are talking about holiday recipes then they are never complete without something sweet! I don’t consider myself a good baker or a dessert maker AT ALL so recipes like these make me wanna keep trying until I become a good one! As I am writing this, I realized that all my favorite and easy dessert recipes for the season involve chocolate. Hey, what can I do? I LOVE chocolate and if you are not a chocolate fan, I’m sorry!
- Life’s a feast’s Chocolate Cake
- Our Chocolate Shaving’s Easy Creamy Tiramisu
- Desserts for Breakfast’s Basil, Hazelnuts and Chocolate cakelettes
- Hungry Rabbit’s Rugetella
Some Indian Flavors:
IndianSimmer’s posts should involve Indian flavors in some or the other way, right? Here’s some recipes I’m so glad to share with you guys and I promise you’ll love them if you like the flavors that come out of IndianSimmer!
- eCurry’s Paneer with Cashew, Pomeranate and Sumac
- Mommiecooks’s Minestrone soup with an Indian touch
- Applemint’s Rose Chikki
- Fork Spoon Knife’s Mutton Biryani
Some other links I found interesting!
- Celery root Puree from Fresh Local and Best
- Alison’s Cozy Up with Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- One Tribe Gourmet’s Roasted Potatoes
Happy Holidays everyone!