I once expressed to my six year old that time flies when you are having fun. He took it quite literally. A few days later, after a fun filled play date, he returned home cheerfully asking if I had noticed how fast time had flown on my watch since he had had so much fun.
In his small world, when he had fun, time flew not just for him, but also for the entire Universe.
His world is still so simple, logical and perfect. It is, after all, a child’s world where everything is untainted and uncomplicated.
Time certainly flew for us this past Summer. We had our share of camping trips, pool parties and overseas trips, but my favourite part of this summer were the lazy days we spent just sitting in the sun doing absolutely nothing at all. Doing nothing but savouring a recently discovered recipe using my all time favourite tea, Earl Grey.
Earl Grey truly makes everything okay.
Ingredients (makes about 10 small kulfis-depending upon the size of moulds)
1 can evaporated milk
2 bags of Earl Grey tea
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1 small tin sweetened condensed milk
1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
1. In a small saucepan, heat the evaporated milk until it simmers. Keep stirring so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan
2. Take off the paper tags from the tea bags and immerse them into evaporated milk. Stir gently and turn off the heat. Cover and let the tea steep for about 20 minutes
3. Take out the tea bags and pour the evaporated milk into a large bowl. Slowly add the condensed milk, heavy cream and the ground cardamom . Whisk gently but thoroughly
4. Pour into popsicle moulds and freeze overnight
5. Run the moulds under warm water to loosen the kulfi out
6. Keep an eye on that watch, it just might fly away!
Full recipe: Earl Grey Kulfi
Can’t wait for summer….lovely recipe!
Lovely post. You are a talented writer!