This Cranberry-Jalapeño Sweet & Spicy Dip is so much fun so delicious and made up of such a unique combination of ingredients and flavors as well. The colors and flavors are way too perfect for holiday recipes.! It is the ideal blend of tart, spicy and sweet, and when eaten with crackers, it is simply one of the most “complete” appetizer I’ve tasted, trust me:)
10oz. Dried Cranberry
8oz. Cream Cheese(softened)
1-2 tablespoon Fresh Chopped Jalapeño pepper
1/4 cup Chopped Green Onion
2 tablespoon Chopped Cilantro
1/3 cup Brown Sugar(more or less to taste)
1/2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
Dash of salt
Crackers for serving
* In a medium-sized bowl, add chopped dried cranberries, green onion, cilantro and jalapeño.
* Pour sugar, lemon juice and salt over cranberry mixture and stir gently until blended.
*Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least one hour. If you prefer less tart cranberries, keep in the refrigerator overnight.
* Take cranberry mixture out of the refrigerator and stir all ingredients together. Strain out the liquid using a collander with small holes.
* Spread cream cheese over bottom of a serving plate.
* Pour cranberry mixture atop cream cheese and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
* Serve with Ritz crackers.
Full recipe: Cranberry-Jalapeño Sweet & Spicy Dip