Eagerly waiting for a slice of summer chill? Running to the bakery is no more needed when you can bake and relish the tempting Mango Cake at home!
2 ½ cups of peeled and mashed mangoes
2 cups sugar
2 cups Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 cup chopped almonds
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
115g softened cream cheese
¼ cup softened butter or margarine ( at room temperature)
2 ¼ sifted powdered sugar
Note: Incase of odd seasons, you can use frozen mango puree available in the market.
Dos and Don’ts for Mango Cake Recipe
1. If you are using fresh mangoes, use NON-FIBROUS ones. Usually, Alfonso/ Kesar mangoes are preferred.
2. You can use either Salted or Unsalted Butter. Or instead of butter, neutral flavored oil can also be used.
3. Always use room temperature ingredients. Never use fridge cold ingredients. As the process of emulsification does not take place, they do not give body to the mixture.
4. If you can’t find fresh mangoes, you can use frozen mango puree available in the market but remember to thaw it until it becomes a soft creamy texture.
5. If you use fresh pulp, remember to add some amount of sugar to sweeten the pulp while grinding.
6. The recipe cannot be doubled to serve the double crowd. Some discretion at your end is required.
7. Always make sure the oven is well pre-heated.
8. Over mixing the batter won’t give a fluffier cake.
9. Always cool the cake completely in pan before removing it.
10. You can sprinkle some sweetened coconut as well. Mangoes and coconut make a great combo.
If you are in hurry and surprise your loved ones then you can order mango cake online at Bakingo.com