I know, how foodies love the way their Mom used to cook, that’s our biggest source of inspiration for recipes or everyday food. Yes, this is my Mom’s recipe which is still popular in my family. Even my 12 years old daughter love to eat this Mustard Green-Chilli Pickle with her food. Sharing today my mom’s recipe to make this coming up Mother’s day very special to you all. Unlike most heavy oil-based pickles, this quick pickle is lite with hot and delicious tang of mustard and lemon.. This chilli pickle needs very few and basic pantry ingredients. And look at the gorgeous turmeric hue!!! Can’t wait anymore:)
250 gram washed and dry Green chillies
4 tablespoon Mustard kuriya (mustard splits)
Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
5-6 tablespoon Oil
Salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon Jaggery (gor)
1/2 tablespoon Lemon juice
1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
* Cut the green chillies in small pieces.
* Take cut green chillies in a bowl add pinch of salt and mix well.
* Keep those chillies in a bowl for at least half an hour.
* Drain the chilli-salt water and keep green chillies in a bowl. (This way green chillies will reduce their spicyness) This is totally optional step.
* Take another bowl. Combine mustard splits(kuriya), asafetida, oil, salt, jaggery, lemon juice and turmeric powder in a bowl.
* Toss all the ingredients and beat them in round motion with hand for about 4-5 minutes.
* Add green chilies and toss them.
* Mix well.
* Adjust salt and lemon juice according to your taste.
* Transfer them in to a sterilized bottle or in a glass jar.
* Store in a fridge for long..
Full recipe: Mustard Green-Chilli Pickle