Sling bags filled with frisky colors, water guns loaded with mischief, vibrant spirits, old-new songs, plates piled with festive goodies and blossoming spring breeze–Ahh, I love Holi !! This is the perfect time to throw yourself to the festive zeal with playful moments and adoring meals. Talk about Holi celebrations and we can think of sweet & savory and a lot more food. Food is integral to every festival in India. Here is one more recipe for this Holi..It’s all about “Thandai Shahi-Tukda”..–a recipe with simple and effortless fusion touch..
4 pieces round shape cut bread
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
Ghee (clarified butter) for deep-frying
2 cups milk
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
Extra sugar if needed
1 tablespoon Thandai masala/powder
some sliced almonds and pistachios for garnishing
* Cut the bread slice into round shape with cookie cutter.
* Heat pure ghee in a pan and shallow-fry the bread pieces for about a minute or until light brown and crisp.
* Drain on absorbent paper towel.
* Heat another small pan with sugar and water.
* Boil it for about 4-5 minutes.
* Make one string Chasni(syrup)and keep it on side.
* Heat the milk in another heavy bottom pan.
* Bring milk to boil, and add sweetened condensed milk.
* Simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring continuously.
* Add extra sugar if you like more sweet in taste.
* Remove from flame and chill it.
* Add Thandai masala in it and stir.
* Mix properly.
* Dip fried bread pieces in to sugar syrup(chasni) and take out immediately.
* Pour some milk Thandai on serving plate.
* Place sweet bread pieces on it.
* Pour more milk Thandai on it again.
* Garnish with some slices of almonds and pistachios.
* Serve it chilled and enjoy..
Read full post: Thandai Shahi-Tukda