Holi–the festival of colors is around the corner now. It is a major festival celebrated in all parts of India with lots of enthusiasm. During Holi people play with colors and color sprinklers and is usually followed with music, dance and the most important-lavish and colorful food.. After all, the holi fun and running around is bound to make you hugry! Here is some special Holi recipe with my fusion touch for you to try, and watch as your creations disappear on Holi day!–Presenting “Thandai Mini Cheesecake”..!
1 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers or any digestive cookies
6-8 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon brown sugar or sugar
For Cheesecake filling:
8 ounce cream-cheese
3-4 tablespoon condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 teaspoon sugar(optional)
1 teaspoon rose-water
11/2 tablespoon Thandai masala(I use home-made)
For home-made Thandai Masala
*1 tablespoon poppy seeds/khus-khus
*1 tablespoon fennel seeds/saunf
*1/2 teaspoon cardamom/elaichi powder
*1/2 teaspoon black pepper/kali mirch
*1 tablespoon melon seeds/magaztari
-Dry roast all these ingredients for couple of minutes.
-Grind all these ingredients with few strands of saffron, couple of pinch of dry ginger powder and 5-6 dry edible rose petals.
Food color for garnishing.(optional)
* Crush the graham crackers or any digestive cookies until very fine crumbs form. (use food-processor or crush them with a rolling pin)
* Pour crumbs into a medium bowl, stir in sugar.
* Add butter and stir until well combined.
* Press the crumb mixture into small cookie cutters, spread and press flat.
* Make all mini crust like this.
* Chill crust in freezer at least for 10 minutes.
For Cheesecake filling;
* Using an electric whipping mixer set at medium-high speed.
* Beat the cream-cheese in a large bowl until smooth.
* Add condensed milk, vanilla extract and rose water in it and beat again.
* Add 2tablespoons of Thandai masala and sugar and mix well.
* Pour the cream-cheese filling on crust.
* Smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
* Pour on all mini crust like this.
* Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm. (atleast for an hour)
* Sprinkle some food color drops on it for “Holi” touch.:)
Read full post: Thandai Mini Cheesecake