Potatoes are always find place in all parties and this particular recipe for Tandoori Potatoes or Aloo Tikka is a wonderful starter for a party or snack for any occasion and can be had as an accompaniment to any meal. I made this delicious Tandoori Potatoes in microwave today, so it’s like Cherry on top!!!
1 cup washed and peeled Baby potatoes
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon Tandoori or Tikka masala( adjust according to your taste)
1 tablespoon Whipping-cream or fresh cream or Milk (I personally prefer whipping-cream)
1/4 teaspoon dried Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
Salt to taste
For Smooth Paste:
2-3 Dry Kashmiri red chilies (If your chilies are too spicy, use just1-2)
1 tablespoon chopped Garlic
1/2 tablespoon chopped Ginger
2 teaspoon Dhana-Jeeru powder(coriander-cumin seeds’ powder)
1/4 cup Water
* First, grind all the smooth paste ingredients in a grinder and make smooth paste.
* Keep paste aside.
* Peel the baby potatoes and wash them.
* Prick them with the fork evenly all over.
* Place them into microwave safe bowl or dish and cook for 2-3 minutes or till they are partially cooked. ( time is totally depend up to potato’s size)
* Keep them aside.
* In another microwave safe bowl, heat the oil on high for 30 seconds.
* Add the prepared smooth paste, mix well and microwave on high for another 1 minute.
* Add partially cooked potatoes, whipping-cream, kasuri methi, tandoori or tikka masala and salt, mix all well.
* Microwave on high for another 2 minutes.
*If potatoes are not fully cooked than microwave them again for 1 minutes or they get cooked fully.
* Squeeze some lemon juice and serve.(optional)
* Serve it with mint chutney.
Read full post: Tandoori Potatoes (in microwave)