A Sweet Tea-Time snack from North-East Indian Cuisine. Unique and Delicious Snack….
2 cups all purpose flour(Maida)
1/4 cup oil
3 tablespoon sugar( if you like more sweeter, use 4 tablespoon)
1/2 cup milk
Oil for deep frying
* Dissolve the sugar in 1/2 cup of warm water.
* Combine flour, oil, sugar water and milk.
* Mix everything together to make a smooth-ish ball of dough.
* Roll out dough to about a 1/4 inch thickness.
For 1st shape;* Cut the dough in strips.
* Slice a slot in the middle of each piece.
* Pull one corner of the piece of dough through the slot in the middle, creating a twist.
* Deep fry them on medium-high heat.
* Enjoy them with tea.
For 2nd shape;* Cut the stripes.
* Roll the stripes and give rope shape.
* Connect the rope and give round shape.
* Twist the round rope from one side.
* Connect the twisted part in the middle of rope.(press it properly)
* Make rest of Khapse with your favorite shape.
* Heat the frying oil in the pan on high.
* Drop the Khapse in the hot oil and turn on the heat on medium-high.
* Cook the Khapse until golden brown, moving them around fairly often and very gently.
* Remove Khapse once gets brown and crispy.
* Serve with Tea or just eat anytime.
Read full post: Khapse