Tapenade”..Don’t you think, this sound so interesting.? Yes, it does.. Tapenade is a popular food in the south of France. Generally eaten as spread on bread. Tapenade’s base ingredient is Olive.. Olives and capers are finely chopped, crushed or blended. Olive oil is then added until the mixture becomes a paste.
1 loaf French Bread
1 cups boiled moong(green gram)
Salt to taste
1/2 cup mix of green & black chopped olives
2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 teaspoon finely chopped green chili
3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoon chopped cilantro or chopped parsley or both 1tbl each
1/4 teaspoon crushed dry red chilies
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Some more extra virgin olive oil and crushed red chilies for garnishing.
Adjust all spices according to your taste.
* Heat the pan with 1 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
* Add chopped onions, chopped garlic, chopped black & green olives.
* Mix well for a minute.
* Add boiled moong along with salt and mash them lightly.
* Add lemon zest and mix.
* Turn off the stove and transfer the mixture into a bowl.
* Add chopped cilantro or chopped parsley into the mixture.
* Add crushed dry red chilies, lemon juice and remaining 1 1/2 tbls extra virgin olive oil.
* Mix well.
* Cut diagonal slices of French bread.
* Toast them very lightly. * Arrange bread slices on a serving platter.
* Spread the moong tapenade mixture over each slice.
* Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle some crushed red chilies over them.
* Serve and Enjoy the unique Indian-Style Tapenade…
Read full post: Indian -Style Tapenade