Brussel Sprouts are similar to small cabbage but have strong flavor. It’s not very commonly used vegetable in Indian cooking, but here is the great, must try once recipe for all my blog family.
1 lb Brussel sprouts(outer leaves removed & halved or quarter cut lengthwise)
3/4 cup Chopped onions
1/2 cup Chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup Chopped bell-peppers
1 tbls Tomato puree
4 tbls Oil
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin-Coriander(dhanajereeru) powder
1 tsp red chile powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 small Bay leave
1/2 tsp Garam masala(I used Sabji Masala)
1 tbls Ginger-Garlic Paste
Salt to taste
Some chopped cilantro for garnish
* Heat 1 tbls oil on the high in a medium skillet or pan.
* Add Brussels sprouts.
* Turn heat on medium and let the sprouts brown for about 5 min.
* Toss them in between.
* Turn off the stove & remove them from the pan to plate and let them cool.
* Heat 2 tbls oil in the same skillet or pan.
* Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and cook till fragrant,20 -25 seconds.
* Add Bay leave, cumin-coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chile powder & garam masala in it.
* Stir them for another 5 seconds.
* Add ginger-garlic paste along with chopped onions.
* Cook on medium high heat, stirring occasionally till translucent, about 5-6 minutes.
* Add chopped tomatoes and tomato purée along with chopped bell-peppers and stir and cook another 5-6 minutes.
* Add Brussel Sprouts and toss them & cook for another couple of minutes.
* Add 1 tbls oil and season with salt.
* let it cook 1 minute.
* Remove from heat, top with some chopped cilantro and serve warm with Roti, Paratha or Naan.
Read full post: Indian-Style Brussel Sprouts