I’m back again with my all time favorite fusion recipe. I love fusion cooking. The best part though is that when it comes to fusion cooking, there are no rules to be follow!:). Today I am going to share the recipe named, “Taco Ragdo.” This recipe is full of flavors.
* 2 cups green or yellow dries peas soaked for atleast 6 hours and cooked until soft
* 3-4 tbls oil
* 1 tsp mustard seeds
* Pinch of asafetida
* 1-2 dry whole red chilli
* 1/2 cup chopped onions
* 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
* 1 tbls ginger-garlic- green chili paste
* 5-6 curry leaves(Limdo)
* 1 tsp turmeric powder
* 1 tsp red chilli powder
* 1/2 tbls ragda petis masala or garam masala(adjust according to your taste)
* 1/2 tbls lemon juice
* 1 tsp brown sugar
* Salt to taste
* 1 to 1&1/2 cup water
* 6-8 Mexican pizza shells
* 1 bowl mixed chopped onions, bell peppers, pomegranate, tomatoes and cilantro
* 1 bowl fine thin besan sev
* 1 bowl date and tamarind sweet chutney
* 1 Bowl green cilantro chutney
* 1/2 bowl red chilli and garlic spicy chutney
* 1 bowl Beaten sweet yogurt(yogurt+salt+sugar+cumin powder+little water)
* Heat the oil in deep pan.
* Add mustard seeds, add asafetida, dry whole red chilies and curry leaves.
* Add chopped onions and sauté well.
* Add ginger-garlic-green chili paste and cook for a while.
* Add tomatoes and sauté till tomatoes get tender.
* Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, ragda petis masala or garam masala and sugar.
* Mix all well.
* Add boiled green or yellow peas and water.
* Cook until ragdo gets thick constituency.
* Add lemon juice and mix again.
* Turn off the stove and keep it aside for serving.
Let’s serve now:
* Place the Mexican pizza’s shell on serving plate.
* Spread ragdo on it.
* Drizzle all three chutneys and sweet yogurt on ragdo.
* Sprinkle chopped onions, bell peppers, pomegranate, tomato and cilantro mix.
* And last sprinkle besan sev on top.
* Serve it immediately and enjoy the delicious fusion chaat.
“A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe.”
Read full post: Taco Ragdo