I can’t believe it’s December already. This year has completely flown by- and soon it will be 2016! Before we head into the new year, I wanted to make sure one thing that you all eat healthy and stay healthy for ever.
1/2 cup cracked wheats(fada)
1/4 cup split moog dal
2 tbls split moog dal with skin
2 tbls Oats
2 tbls Ghee
1tsp cumin seeds
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup of mixed vegetables of your choice (I used chopped potatoes, green peas, some soybeans, some green onions, some corn, chopped methi leaves, chopped cauliflower)
1/2 tsp cinnamon-cloves powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbls ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp green chili paste
1 tsp garam masala or bisi belle rice masala
Some cashews and raisins
2tbls Chopped Cilantro
Salt to taste
Adjust chilies and garam masala according to your taste.
* Wash and soak cracked wheats (fada) and both dals for about 15-20 minutes.
* Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker or a big heavy bottom pot.
* Add cumin seeds and saute well.
* Add chopped onions and cook till gets tender.
* Add ginger garlic paste and green chili paste init.
* Cook for 1-2 minutes and add all mix vegetable of you choice.
* Season with turmeric powder, cinnamon-cloves powder and garam masala.
* Add soak cracked wheats and both dals.
* Mix all well.
* Add oats, raisins and cashews. Mix again.
* Season with salt and add required water.
* Mix well.
* Cover the pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
* Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with yogurt or kadhi or chaas.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy.!
Read full post: Cracked Wheat & Oats vegetable Khichdi